Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's been a little while


...since my last update. Here is a painting meant to accompany an article about the Anaheim Ducks. It was fun to work on, and also a challenge. As a big hockey fan, this was a lot of fun. Also, painting ducks is pretty fun, I'd like to continue using them, strange as that may sound. I think the wrinkles and fabric came out ok, I'm trying to push myself to be able to recall things like clothing, lighting, and poses. It's hard, but it's also pretty fun to try to figure out. I still have things I would like to work on, but I think it's presentable at this stage.

I have a couple projects I'm pretty excited to start working on, and I hope to keep a more consistent update schedule, showing thumbnails, sketches, color studies as well as the final art.

1 comment:

Jacob Sanders said...

Good Job. I still think it could've been more politically incorrect.